- Created on Monday, 11 May 2009 16:10
- Last Updated on Saturday, 22 February 2014 14:32
- Written by Kaho
- Hits: 3107
Okay, considering the amount of rumours flying around regarding the launch of La Corda D'oro Secondo Passo, I thought I would make an entry and clear it up.
First of all, despite there are many websites out there that insist there is a second season for La Corda Doro, it does not change the fact that IT IS ONLY A TWO EPISODE TV SPECIAL
I guess people like to believe what they want to believe so the moment someone starts a rumour about a second season, no matter how many times I gave them the news translated directly from the official announcement, people would rather believe otherwise.
Below is the announcement from the official site which clearly states a 2 episode only TV special..
前編『金色のコルダ ～secondo passo～ 第１楽章』
I guess it probably would help to look at it this way.
1. Secondo Passo does not mean Second Season. (this explains why a lot of people complains why it is called a second season when it only has 2 episodes. Because it was never called a second season to start with.)
2. To produce an anime cost ALOT and ALOT of money. So unless there is great demand for it, such as popular shonen series like Bleach, Naruto etc, shojo manga usually do not get aired as anime for more than 26 episdoes.
3. Never forget Corda is from a otome game (dating sim for female gamers) and due to the popularity of it, KOEI decided to launch the anime (season 1) in order to promote their up coming game. And now they launched the 2 episodes TV special, it was simply to promote the PSP version of the Corda 2 game where they added a new character (Etou Kiriya)
4. So all Corda anime is only for the promotion of the game. And after the game is launched, KOEI would not see the need to produce an entire series because, if you want to know what really happened to the rest of the characters, they are saying, "Why dont you just buy the game and see for yourself?"
5. So trust me, nothing will be explained in the next episode. We still wont know who will end up with Kahoko. If you want to know, go play the game.
Here is my explanation, I hope this helps those who are still confused about a second season or not.
As for updateing my fic on Scarlet Fangs of a Goddess, I am suffering from a writers block at the moment...xD;;
But hopefully will get it done by end of this week.